Details: Amazon Echo Dot is a hands-free, voice-controlled device with a small built-in speaker—it can also connect to your speakers or headphones over Bluetooth or through a 3.5 mm audio cable to deliver stereo sound to the speakers you choose. Its sleek and compact design makes Echo Dot a convenient addition to any room in your home. Dot connects to the Alexa Voice Service to play music from Amazon Music Unlimited (available in 30+ countries, subscription required) and TuneIn (Internet radio). Play music from your own collection or services such as Spotify on Echo Dot using your phone’s Bluetooth (no voice control). Also control compatible smart home devices, make calls or send and receive messages to other Echo devices or the Alexa App (coming soon, requires iOS 9.0 or Android 5.0 or higher), and more. Just ask. Echo Dot can hear you from across the room, even while music is playing. When you want to use Echo Dot, just say the wake word “Alexa” and Echo Dot responds. If you have more than one Echo or Echo Dot, Alexa responds intelligently from the Echo closest to you. Use the Alexa App (from iOS or Android app stores, where available) to do even more with your Echo. Skills add even more capabilities, allowing you to listen to news, control compatible smart home devices and more. Alexa has many skills you can download and use. New skills are being added all the time to the Alexa Skills Store, but availability and compatibility may vary by country.
- Amazon Echo Dot (2nd Generation) is a hands-free, voice-controlled device that uses Alexa to play music, control smart home devices, provide information, read the news, set alarms and more.
- Connects to speakers or headphones through Bluetooth or 3.5 mm stereo cable to play music from Amazon Music, Spotify and TuneIn. Play music simultaneously across multiple Echo devices and speakers connected via cable with multi-room music (Available for Amazon Music and TuneIn. Bluetooth not supported).
- Call or message anyone hands-free who also has an Echo device or the Alexa App. Also, quickly connect to other Echo devices in your home using just your voice.
- Controls lights, switches, TVs, thermostats and more with compatible connected devices from WeMo, Philips Hue, Sony, Hive, Netatmo, Nest, tado° and others.
- Hears you from across the room with 7 microphones for far-field hands-free voice control, even in noisy environments or while playing music.
- Includes a built-in speaker so it can work on its own as a smart alarm clock in the bedroom, an assistant in the kitchen, or anywhere you might want a voice-controlled device.
- Always getting smarter - Alexa updates through the cloud automatically and is continually learning, adding new features and skills.