Details: Product Description PowerUp 3.0 durable, crash proof design makes it an easier and more enjoyable option to traditional, bulky and battery intensive remote control helicopters and planes. The PowerUp 3.0 Bluetooth, Smart Module transforms ordinary paper planes into motorized machines, controllable directly from your smartphone. It’s also an educational experience — PowerUp 3.0 meshes origami, physics and incorporates all the components of STEAM, (Science, Tech, Engineering, Art, Math). This unique combination allows for schools and teachers to educate students on the basic principles of flight, aerodynamics, and lift. With 180 feet/ 55 meter range, and 10 minutes of flight time capability, PowerUp 3.0 is the first choice in flight. Safety Warning adult supervision is required Manufacturer's Description Features Crash-proof design | 10 min. flight on a charge | 180 feet range | FlightAssist TM technology The App Bluetooth SMART seamless connection | beginner and advanced modes | Precision turning with responsive motion iOS and Android friendly. Fold it Fold a sheet of paper into a paper airplane. Connect it Attach the Smart Module to your paper airplane Fly it Tilt your smartphone to steer and increase or reduce throttle to go up or down. Customer Testimonial "I don’t mean to be overdramatic, but it really combined my boyhood love of paper airplanes with my boy’s love of planes and smartphones into an awesome experience to be enjoyed over and over again." About the Startup Describe your product in 3 words. DIY paper drone How did you come up with the idea for this product? I got excited about the project in 2007 teaching immigrant kids the principles of aerodynamics. While doing research on advances in micro indoor flight I came up with the idea for a remote-controlled paper airplane. The idea gathered momentum, and by 2011 he incorporated a company to build the device, later in 2013 I integrated the smartphone factor into the product and launched a Kickstarter to fund production. The crowd funding campaign raised over $1.2 M becoming the most funded project ever in flight category. What makes your product special? I invented the commercial solution for powered paper airplanes. The PowerUp systems universally connect to almost any paper airplane design allowing customers leverage their know how in folding paper airplanes and adding the gravity defying magic of propelled flight. There aren’t any similar products out there which are not cheap imitations. What has been the best part of your startup experience? PowerUp 3.0 combines technology and art, it allows the customer to be involved in the creation process of a flying machine just by folding a standard copier paper. Making a sheet of paper fly and controlled for up to 10 minutes is not a simple task, the airplane must be folded and adjusted properly. Educating and explaining the creation process to my customers has been challenging, we have created a support page and FAQ data base including tutorial videos guiding our customers step by step through the creation and flying process. Once they get the hang of it, the opportunities are endless and very addicting. Box Contains POWERUP 3.0 smart module Spare rudder Spare propeller 4x Printed templates Instruction for 2 airplane designs Quick start guide iOS and Android compatibility Mounting display and storage box (Micro USB cable for charging not included)
- Bring your favourite “blast from the past” to the present when you turn your paper airplane into a remote-controlled flying machine!
- This multiple award-winning conversion kit features a crash-resistant design and will give your paper plane a massive 180 ft (55m) range - truly a gravity-defying experience.
- Equipped with Bluetooth SMART Technology, you can control your plane with your smartphone through the Power Up app (iOS/Android compatible, check POWERUP website for more details)
- Simple controls are fun for all ages: tilt smartphone/tablet from right to left to manoeuvre and use the throttle lever on the app to ascend and descend
- Features battery level, charging status and range indicators plus an Air Traffic Control attribute. New features! for easy on-boarding - Boost - Nitro for extra Power, In app flight academy, Free template downloads, Gesture control and Game-pad controls
- Contents: POWERUP 3.0 Bluetooth Smart Module, crossbar, spare rudder, spare propeller, 4 sheets of special template paper (2 Cardinal Design, 2 Invader Design), instructions, quick start guide, and mounting display and storage box
- 365 day limited warranty!